Friday, August 4, 2017

Lots of Emotions Tonight


I am usually a very uplifting and optimistic guy.  I have been accused by friends of being a little Polyanna in my way of thinking.  But I suppose that even a sunny day gets cloudy from time to time.  Tonight is one of those cloudy nights for me and I thought sharing what I am feeling might be a way to get through it quickly.

My few days away were nice and as I mentioned I did have some physical fun while away.  But also during that time, I learned that my sister got engaged.  I am thrilled for her and her guy.  He is a really nice guy and I think they make a great couple. 

I suppose if I am being honest with myself, it did trigger a little self pity within me.  Being gay has its challenges and I am usually OK with that.  There has been some distance with some family members but I still know they love me.  They just are not as comfortable with talking to me about dating and such as they are with the heterosexual family members.  I get that and respect where they are.

I know the saying that the right one will come along.  I actually do believe that.  But there are times, nights such as this one, when the loneliness feels greater.  It's a feeling for me that would not pass with a quick trick.  I think if I tried to have sex with someone tonight, it would actually make me feel even more lonely afterwards.

I have had a few glasses of wine and I am sharing more than usual I suppose.  I will be fine.  It will pass.  I will be back in a better place in a couple of days.  But I know that most of the visitors to my blog are gay and so I ask the question, "How do you cope with the times of loneliness or wishing that there was someone special in your life?"  I know some of you have that special someone and that is awesome.  But I know I am not the only one who has gone through these emotions before.

I will be fine.  I am fine.  Just a little serious sharing among all of the posts of naked men and sexy feet!   Thanks for allowing me to share and for indulging my non-bawdy post here.   Much love to you all!

Gabriel

14 comments:

  1. Ah, dear Gabriel.....thank you for sharing, though it may not be easy. I can imagine the frustration you're feeling, while at the same time I reflect on your wonderful qualities. I do think you are fine - and will be fine....the moment is hard, but your overall optimism will carry the day. Most importantly, i think, is your being ready and open for someone....i think those are the essential elements needed. Take care, my friend....I'll be thinking good thoughts about you....Luke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luke, thank you for sharing and your words of encouragement. I am much better today and send you big hugs. Mind if they are naked hugs?? LOL!

      Delete
    2. ....oh , absolutely! ....and with a juicy ass grab! LOL!

      Delete
    3. That will always put a smile on my face!

      Delete
  2. Gabriel, my friend, I can't say that I know what you're going through. But, I can say thank you for sharing with us. Sometimes, letting others in on our troubles can lighten the burden a little bit; make them slightly more bearable. I send you rays of positivity...and hugs. Lots of warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your words of encouragement regarding my recent funk. I am a believer that problems are not as big if you get them out of your head and into the open. Thank you for your kindness as always and I will accept those warm hugs all of the time!

      Delete
  3. I can understand you perfectly, but for my life I'm so pessimistic. I try to life with my loneliness (=without a bf) enjoying sex as much as I can! The sense of loneliness will accompany me to death, because very hardly I will find the right man for me! And I do not seek him. In the remote hypothesis that there is one for me, I will meet him, perhaps in my sex club where I go every Sunday.
    Sorry Sorry if I am not helpful to you but when they ask me if I my glass is half full or half empty, I answer that my glass lies on the floor in a thousand pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xersex, thank you for sharing your heart. We are all experiencing the challenges of life and can be here for each other to encourage one another and offer support. I had a couple of bad days and I so appreciate my blog family allowing me to share and taking the time to send a note of encouragement.

      I offer that to you, as I know the rest of the blog family does. Any time you feel like sharing, please do and we will be here to send you love and support. And your comment is honest and captures how you feel. No need to every apologize about not being helpful to me because your honesty of what you are feeling helps us all to know how we can help one another.

      Please know we all send hugs to you and are here for you like you all were here for me.

      Delete
    2. If my sincerity can help, here it is! Thanks to you and to the blogfamily!

      Delete
  4. If Bryn and I could wrap you in our arms right now, we would. You are a kind, genuine, loving man. Your strength of character and your pure heart will see you through. Life isn't a spectator sport; you will be fine again and soon. You have endeared yourself to us even more by sharing. Thank you for that. Please let us take you into our hearts. There is so much love coming to you from all of us. Draw on it. Bryn and I have one wish for you....that you find someone that will see all that is you. Take care little one. You are in our thoughts and our hearts.
    -Bryn and Bruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. here how the blogfamily works! sure all of us love you!!!

      Delete
    2. B Boys, thank you so much for the message and your kind words. I am much better and ready to find Mr. Right Now...er, I mean, Mr. Right. LOL!

      And Xersex, my comment to your earlier post is before I read this one and I totally agree. This is how the blog family works. Sending much love to each family member!

      Delete
    3. We get email alerts when someone comments on a post that we have visited. It made us so happy to see that you are commenting again. We all slip into a funk from time to time. The way to cope is to surround yourself with people and things that make you happy...don't brood....there is an old adage that says "a trouble shared is a trouble halved."
      (No I'm not Confucius; although I do have a gray beard.)

      Delete
    4. The adage is a good one and I felt that with everyone's kind words. Thanks to everyone for allowing me to share! Much love to all!

      Delete