Sunday, January 22, 2017

Update on our friend Bruce


Bryn sent me an email with an update on Bruce.  He is doing much better and the therapy to regain full motion on his left side is going well.  He gets tired by the end of the day, but he is getting better and Bryn is hoping that maybe they will let him transfer to home for the therapy rather than going to the rehab center.  It was a light stroke and our friend is improving daily.

The B Boys have read everyone's comments and well wishes and that has meant a lot to them.  They are sending big hugs to all.  And I know I speak for everyone that we send big hugs back to them!

Much love to the B Boys!  You two hurry back and hang out with us again soon!  We miss you!





5 comments:

  1. Hello everyone;

    As Gabriel has said Bruce is doing fine. He is fortunate that the stroke was a slight one. I am amazed at how well he is recovering. There is no give up in my man! We spend most of the day doing his exercises and he reads news items from the paper out loud. His speech is no longer halting though still a little slurred at times. By the end of the day he is wore out but he is working very hard at getting better.

    One of his nurses has been so kind to us. I spent the first night in the chair beside his bed but she has arranged that I sleep in the bed with Bruce...as she put it..."if I was in that bed I would want my husband beside me not in the damned chair". Thanks to her I haven't had to leave his side. I certainly sleep better with the big galoot beside me.

    I was so scared! I apologize for getting soppy in a forum where we celebrate being men; but I was terrified that I was going to lose him and frankly I don't even want to think about my life without Bruce in it.

    Thank You for all the good wishes and positive thoughts...you have all made 2 men very happy...love truly does make this world go around.
    Thank You Gabriel for your encouragement and kindness. Our naughty little blog host has a kind, gentle, and loving soul.

    We will be back on the blogs soon lewd and crude as ever. Gabriel may begin to feel like a carrier pigeon but I will keep him posted about progress.

    Stay happy everyone.
    Much love.
    Bryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. best wishes everyone! so happy for you, that the situation is getting better

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear such good news!
    @gabriel: thanks for the update! As always, so caring and thoughtful!
    @the B Boys...all the best for Bruce's speedy recovery...sounds time Bruce is the ideal patient and will quit well...exercises are important! ...and Bryan...how awesome a job you are clearly doing...lucky Bruce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AUGURONI(VERY BEST WISHES) from Tony. It only rhymes as auguroni and Tony. Hope to see your writing soon. Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to read the good report.

    ReplyDelete