Saturday, December 31, 2016

A beautiful tribute


I have been away and I have not had much time to post, so I am late in sharing my thoughts about the passing of both Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds.  This drawing was posted by Todd Fisher (Carrie's brother) from an artist who did it to express his sympathy.  So touching!

I am not a HUGE fan of "Star Wars" but I have seen several of the movies and enjoyed them.  I mostly enjoyed seeing interviews with Carrie (and her dog, Gary) in recent promotional tours and loved her wit and humor.  And Debbie Reynolds is classic old Hollywood and such a legend.  Such a loss for this family.

I think it is a shame that Carrie does not have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame already.  I do appreciate that the committee is allowing the makeshift star created by fans to remain there for the short term as a place for fans to mourn.

And those who know me already know I am a dance music fan, both old and new.  The passing of George Michael is also sad and I have been reminded of his musical talents with the recent clips on television.  I saw a few minutes of "Unplugged" on MTV yesterday which was first aired in the late 90's and is not the dance sound I am drawn to.  His voice was incredible and the real deal.

Such a loss in the entertainment world this past week and this year.  Another reason it is important to hug those around you and share love.

Much love to you all,
Gabriel

4 comments:

  1. Many great talents passes away this year. A fitting tribute to all of them is that they live on in our memories. Gabriel is right...hug everyone that you love. Life is too precious to waste nursing a grudge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabriel, you have a very loving heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet to say that! Hugs to you!

      Delete